Australian qualifications are highly respected internationally and are distinguished by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). The AQF is Australia’s national system of learning that is recognised by many other countries. Australia invests billions of dollars into education each year and Australian universities and education institutions offer world-class facilities to international students.
Favourite Reasons for Students to Study in Australia
1. People living in Australia generally speak English but they add a wonderful accent and distinct vernacular. So studying abroad in Australia doesn’t require you to learn a new language, but there are still many new phrases and meanings for you to discover during your adventure.
2. Australian seasons are the opposite to the Northern Hemisphere, summer starts in December, autumn in March, winter in June and spring in September. Due to its size, geographical location and the lack of extensive high mountain ranges, Australia has a wide range of climates with generally no extremes. The average maximum temperature is 25.5C (77.3F) and the average minimum temperature is 15.7C (60.2F).
3. Australia boasts natural wonders like the Great Barrier Reef. Study abroad in Australia and you could become a certified scuba diver and explore the amazing beauty the Reef has to offer. Beyond the cities, in rural and outback Australia, it’s not unusual to see mobs of kangaroo grazing in the late afternoon sun and see the flightless emu going about its business.
4. Performance arts in Australia are a beloved tradition and well funded by the federal government. Enrich your appreciation for the arts and attend any one of the several operas offered throughout each region.
5. Australia is abundant in cultural dynamics derived from Aboriginal, Dutch and English influences. Being a multicultural country, Australia offers every type of cuisine in the world, and to accompany the finest cuisines Australia also boasts a range of wineries, producing some of the best in the world. Learning and experiencing these cultures and tastes will surely be an interesting and eye-opening period in your life.